David Martin RGI, RSW
David Martin studied at the Glasgow School of Art from 1940 – 1942 and following fours years with the RAF in India, returned to Glasgow and completed his studies there in 1948.
He was elected a Professional Member of the Society of Scottish Artists in 1949 and an Honorary Member in 1993. He has been Vice-President of the Royal Scottish Society of Painters in Watercolour and since 1981 a Member of the Royal Glasgow Institute. Amongst his awards are two Laing Prizes and the 1974 Robert Colquhoun Memorial Prize.